Monday, August 31, 2009

Band Camp





All I ever thought of when I heard "band camp" was the old American Pie movie...but the girls have brought a new meaning to band camp for me! This last week they attended a music camp called Sound Roots way out in NE Portland. Caleb did the camp with them so at least Lace and I got to carpool. It was in this cute little house and they all had a blast. They each got to pick whatever instrument they wanted to play (Ellie picked the keyboard, Lily the bongo and Caleb the drums) and all week they rehearsed two songs that they performed for us on Friday. The girls informed me on Monday that they had decided to join the all boys band (I hope this is not a sign of things to come!) and their band name was the Vampire Amps. They wanted to dress up on Friday for the big performance...in vampire attire of course! They raided my closet (not sure why they thought I owned anything along those lines) but they each found one of my tank tops to wear which looked like dresses on them, black leggings of their own and then I had to paint their nails black, put their hair up and spray massive amounts of glitter in it. We went to Mississippi Pizza to watch them perform on a full blown stage. All the grandparents came to watch and we were very impressed as they sang some song about Cheetos?! (Ellie thought I would be mad because in the song they had to sing a line that said crap...something like "not those puffy, crappy ones" I told her as long as they were talking about cheetos I would let it slide...too funny!) and then she was the lead singer for "Slow Ride". They all had stage names, Ellie was Fire Fingers, Lily was Calico and Caleb was Stitch. They did a great job and are already asking to go back again next year! I'm not sure where they get their music ability...it is most definitely NOT me but I'm glad they have an interest in it! I should have a video soon that I will post on the blog so you can see the performance for yourself!

No comments: