Monday, March 29, 2010

Spring break in Bend






We took a few days in the middle of the week and went over to Bend. My parents came with us...mainly because my dad wanted to golf with Jamie. I'm seriously thinking I need to take up golf just so he can't stick we with the kids every time he want to go play! My mom and I had fun though...I swam in the heated pools with the kids which was fun. With the exception of Jalen continually wanting to switch pools which meant I had to get out and go with him and it wasn't exactly warm outside! It was sunny and mid 60's but felt about 40 degrees when you were all wet. We played put put golf, played at the park and the highlight for the girls was ice skating. Ellie thought she was semi-pro because she had been a few times with a friend. Jamie had to go out in his shoes (he would have been NO help on skates!) and help Lily. The second time we went at the Sunriver resort with some friends Jalen wanted to go. Since he was free Jamie agreed to let him try. Let's start by declaring that he was wearing Lily's sweatshirt...we don't normally dress him in pink...although he would love that, he says its his favorite color! Add some white skates and a helmet to that and you couldn't help but giggle. We were all in tears laughing because Jalen couldn't stand at all and his legs kept slipping out from under him and hitting Jamie in the shins. After the first time around Jamie's shins were all cut up and bleeding. Jalen didn't want to be done so Papa got out there and they each took one hand and went around with him. I shouldn't laugh because I can't skate at all...didn't even want to try but it sure is funny watching other people wobble all around! The last day we woke up to snow and after swimming in the snow we packed up for the car ride home...only three hours but with these kids feels like about 6!

No comments: