Friday, August 27, 2010

Life of the traveling circus...





I can honestly say I am HAPPY to be home! I know that makes me sound like a spoiled brat complaining about how many vacations we have been on...and I'm really not complaining...it was so much fun....but there is just something about being back in your own bed with your own things! We went back to Gozzer for another week...and brought our babysitter and her friend with us (Chloe and Jali) who both happen to work for us at Papa Murphy's too. We decided to break up the 7 hour drive and leave Saturday night. Jamie made reservations at the La Quinta (The Ritz of Kennewick!) and we left at 9pm so Jalen slept most of the way while the girls had a Twilight mara
thon. So we get in at 12:30am...go in to check in and they say there is no reservations and there are no more rooms but they recently changed their name so maybe we called "The Baymont" next door. Ok no big deal, it was literally in the same parking lot so we walk next door and after a couple minutes head to our room. Well...SURPRISE! The room he gave us a key for was occupied (and let me add that our party of 7 was not exactly using whisper voices!). We go back to the lobby to find out that there is only one room left and it is a room with one bed. That should work out well with so many of us...so we ask if they at least have a cot. We walk into the smallest hotel room I've ever been in, set the girls up on the floor on one side of the bed, put Chloe and Jali in the twin cot on the other side and Jalen, Jamie and I share a bed (as usual!). Within a minute of laying down Jamie asks to switch sides because he opens his eyes to find he's within inches of Jali...just slightly awkward! These poor sitters have to be wondering what they have gotten into...all they have heard is how fun Gozzer is and now they are sharing a small hotel room with a family of 5! We wake up early, take advantage of the continental breakfast and hit the road. It was smooth sailing from there and we were at the condo by 1:00 and at the lake by 2:00. We had a great week...Jamie and I got up in the morning at 5:30 to go work out and then get in an early round of golf, then we'd meet the kids for a full day in the sun. My parents joined us halfway through the week and we had a fun time hanging with them. We took the boat out again for a couple hours so Jalen could do some more wake surfing, the girls could wake board and of course the intertube! I made the mistake of going with Jamie on the tube and between the water and him landing on top of me got pretty beat up! My cheeks hurt from laughing so much! I then went with Ellie and Jalen which was not easy being in the middle of them...I kept sliding off the back of the tube. My sweet little Jalen let go with one of his hands to put his arm around my neck and said "I keep you safe Mommy"...those are the moments that mark your heart! The main reason we were up there was for the Club Championship which was a Saturday and Sunday tournament. So we are out Friday playing with my dad when they see that it also happens to be the ladies club championship and they proceed to sign me up right then and there. I have only been golfing for May and I have never played in a tournament. I'm instantly nervous...feel like I have to give a speech in front of my high school class kind of nervous. There were only 5 people playing so my dad kept saying the worse you can do is to come in fifth...they all thought that was pretty funny! It ended up being a great time...a little lady drama which is to be expected but I played great, met some fun ladies (one being Janet Gretzky who I got to play with both days...and got our whole family invited over to their house to swim and go down the water slides!) and if you can believe this...came in second in the net contest! They gave me a framed plaque and everything...SO COOL! We left on Sunday after the tournament...and drove straight through this time...we weren't risking it with another bad hotel situation! So we got back at 11pm on Sunday night just to turn around and leave again Monday for Pacific City with my best friend from high school, Emily, and her husband Brian, and 3 kids Max, Jack and baby Reece. Bad planning on my part doing back to back vacations but still so excited to hang with my friend! Did a quick swap out of the clothes...loaded up the sand toys, smore supplies, sweatshirts, and flip flops and we were on our way!

No comments: