Thursday, February 24, 2011

A dusting of snow!


































Not exactly what we had hoped for but we woke up to white everywhere! They had predicted up to 7 inches which meant sledding and snowmen! Jamie even went and bought two new sleds (the other one got cracked from the kids "riding" down the staircase in it!) So the seven inches turned into two but hey no school, and the kids managed to have fun playing in it. I got a call from my mom this morning asking "do you know what your kids are doing?" I think that the polite way of saying "I can't believe you are letting your kids do this!" but yes, I knew they were in their bathing suits getting in and out of the hot tub and doing snow angels and running to the play structure for a swing in between. I wasn't about to ruin their fun...plus I was enjoying the quiet inside! After getting them dressed we did manage to make a few runs down the hill on the sled, but the grass and mud quickly made itself visible and the fun was over. I have to say snow days are way more fun when there is actually a lot of snow to play in!

No comments: