Friday, February 5, 2010

Bathtime for Happy



Let me start by saying I am so far behind on posting to this blog...and the whole reason I am doing it is to keep all of you updated on our busy lives...as well as for my kids to be able to look back on and remember special moments in their lives. Okay...so this technically isn't that special but it was one of the priceless moments that will be so funny when they look back on it one day. Happy had been playing outside and they know that Mommy gets MAD when they let him in without wiping his paws. Even Jalen tries his best to chase Happy around the room with a towel...usually unsuccessful but the effort is there. So they came into the office and asked if they could give Happy a bath. Of course we don't have a good place to give a real bath so I clarified that what they really meant was wiping him down...more of a spongebath and they eagerly agreed. So...thinking we were on the same page (my mistake!) I told them to close the laundry room door to contain Happy and have at it. A few minutes went by (okay maybe more than a few...I was REALLY enjoying the peace and quiet!) So by the time I went and checked the entire room was covered with every single rag we own, Jalen had the car wash mit on his hand, Ellie was holding Happy on the leash and Lily had the sprayer from the sink pointed out into the middle of the room attempting to spray Happy as he tried his best to get away. I wanted to be mad at the mess but all I could do was laugh. The kids meant well, they were having fun and although Happy didn't seem to like getting sprayed he was still sitting there with that big old "happy" smile on his face!

No comments: