Friday, February 5, 2010

Jalen found the bb gun



Before I tell the story let me say I HATE guns...any guns and all guns...paint guns, bb guns, hunting guns, kill someone kind of guns, and even water guns when they are pointed at me! So I wasn't happy when I walked downstairs to see Jamie and all three of my kids outside with a rifle and a huge cardboard box propped up against the big fir tree. AND...it was 8:00 at night! I guess Jalen spotted my dad's old bb gun up in the closet in the office and for some reason Jamie thought it would be cool to show him, and the girls, how it worked. So there they are out in the dark taking turns shooting this gun at the box. They dragged me out to watch...which I'm sure Jamie later regretted with all the grief I gave him...and once I saw Jalen's face I had to go get the camera. You would think he had just seen Santa Claus...or walked into the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse...or whatever else excites a 2 year old! The look on his face was priceless! So I let him have his fun and then made Jamie promise to put it away where he COULDN"T see it and never let him shoot a gun again!

No comments: