Saturday, July 10, 2010

Happy Birthday Dear Ellie...






So just when we get settled down from the long night of Lily's sleepover party we are onto Ellie's slumber party! She woke up on July 1st very excited she was 9...in fact I think she said to me "can you believe I'm 9? Your little girl is growing up"...really?! The fact that she said that to me is proof enough she is growing up! We went to Biscuits for lunch (only because you can order breakfast there all day and that is her favorite...hashbrowns to be specific!). Then I took her and Lily to get mini pedicures...this has turned into a tradition on their birthdays and I have to admit, it is one of my favorite traditions! After leaving with very pretty toes we came home to prepare for the friend party. This year I bought a kid style mystery party online at Dramatic Fanatic...and it turned out great! Jamie warned me to not have too high of expectations (I often see it going a certian way in my head and it doesn't always happen that way in reality!)...but this did for the most part! There were 8 girls and they each played a part of a character and tried to figure out who stole the items from the slumber party. I divided them into 2 groups of 4 and gave them 10 minutes to make up a commercial and I couldn't believe how well they did! They are all very dramatic...and best of all they loved it! The girls babysitter Melinda was here to help and she set up a makeover station and did all the girls make up and hair which was another big hit. After a quick version of American Idol (we only did hometown auditions)...we got them to settle down with a movie. They were quiet but I found out later they were up until 2:30 so needless to say there were some naps taken the next day! It was a successful birthday but I'm glad I don't have to do a group sleepover for another year!

No comments: