Thursday, July 1, 2010

Happy Birthday Dear Lily...





This time of year gets busy with all the birthday celebrations! And of course each girl has to have multiple celebrations! Lily had her "friend" party last Friday the 25th and watched the premier of the Disney movie "Sixteen Wishes". There was a total of 12 girls here including Ellie and her friend...for a sleepover...20 minutes into it I was regretting agreeing to this! They had pizza, homemade cookie ice cream sandwiches and popcorn with the movie. Other than the usual "girl" drama (everyone wants to sit next to the birthday girl...feeling left out...) the evening went good until it was bedtime. I checked on them at 10:30 and the lights were out and it was quiet...I thought I was in a dream! Turns out it was way too good to be true...I fell asleep at midnight only to be woken to screaming and crying at 1am because they had been quietly telling scary stories and I guess the last one was just TOO scary! There were two girls who were in tears...I was able to cuddle up with one of them and got her to sleep but the other wanted only wanted her mom. So I had to make that dreaded 1am call to have them come pick her up. Needless to say it took awhile to get everyone back to sleep so when they woke up at 7 I was NOT happy! Morning donuts were probably not what they needed but they all enjoyed it. They were all picked up by 9:30 and we decided to surprise the girls with a trip to the beach...Seaside! It was a busy but fun day for the birthday girl!

No comments: