Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Fun in the Sun





Finally!! We had a weekend with PERFECT weather! Between softball games, birthday parties (Happy Birthday Lace!)and the annual garage sale we were able to get some fun time in the yard. The kids played between Jalen's new giraffe pool, the neighbors pool, the trampoline and the play structure. I was able to get a few flowers planted...how is it that you leave the nursery after spending $100 and way more flowers than you think you'll need yet when you get the pots full there are no more flowers for the ground? It happens every year and is so frustrating...since I don't exactly "enjoy" playing in the dirt I'd rather just get it over with all at once. I definitely did not get my mom's (or mother-in-law's) green thumb! I can do it and make it look pretty but it is by no means my "outlet" as they call it...I can think of way better places to make my outlet...the mall, pedicures, even sitting outside at Starbucks on a sunny afternoon! But I suppose if you have to work in the yard it doesn't get much better than 80 degrees with little kids laughter in the back ground...plus I got a little tan out of it! We are keeping our fingers crossed for the sun to shine this next weekend...but it is Memorial Day in Oregon so my hopes aren't too high.

No comments: