Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Portraits





I have been trying to get a picture of each of the kids without it looking posed. This is next to impossible for two reasons...one the girls LOVE the camera so literally whenever I pull it out they stop everything they are doing and pose like they are Hannah Montana doing a photo shoot. The second reason would be Jalen...he also likes the camera (he holds his finger up and says "mo more" which translates "one more") but his pose consists of becoming the biggest ham...he tilts his chin up, opens his mouth in the biggest grin you've seen and squints his eyes so they're half closed. Neither of these methods make for very natural looking photos. I literally carried the camera around with me all weekend and here's what I got. The girls took several cute ones and after almost giving up on Jalen I decided to switch lenses. I put on my telephoto zoom lens which I rarely use only because it's so big and the last thing I want to carry around on top of the kids other gear is a huge camera bag. However, for around the house or special occasions I have become a fan. I was able to be far enough away from Jalen that he wasn't aware I was taking his picture and those were the ones that turned out the best. Doing this in the brightest light of the day made it a little tougher as well to get the lighting right but I'll take what I can get! Any guesses on which pictures of Jalen was taken with the regular lens and which ones were taken with the zoom? That is a joke of course since it could not be more obvious. So from now on you'll catch me hiding behind trees, cars, houses and whatever else so I can attempt to capture that "natural" looking photo! The girls are my next mission so stay tuned...

No comments: