Sunday, May 9, 2010

LAX





I just learned that is the abbreviation for lacrosse and I think it is the coolest thing...it just looks cool! I guess I'm easily amused. So Ellie decided to switch from softball to lacrosse this year. Of course we let the kids play whatever they want to play but I had no idea what to expect...I had never even seen a game of lacrosse before let alone know the rules, terminology or how to play! So I am learning right along with Ellie...although she picked it up pretty quick so she is now teaching me! It is a lot like soccer from what I can tell...a lot of running up and down the field. The best part is that two of her four games have been on turf which is SO nice in the spring in Oregon! Normally we are decked out in our rain boots because even if we get lucky with a day of sun the field are still a swamp from the other 20 days of rain in the month. So we had a wonderful 70 degree day for these two games...and it was awesome to be able to sit in the sun on dry turf with sunglasses and watch Ellie play her games. She did awesome...there were no subs today so she played for 2 hours straight and even scored a goal! It is definitly much more exciting to watch than softball...so far a good switch!

No comments: