Sunday, May 9, 2010

My first ever golf trip!





I know...you are thinking what person has taken over my blog right? Me...on a golf trip?! It's funny for a couple of reasons...the first being that since this is the first time in almost 3 years that I have had a single night without kids you think I would have gone somewhere other than a golf resort! And secondly...I don't golf! Well Jamie's friend Lloyd asked if we would like to join him and his wife Angie on this three day two night unlimited golf trip. I said yes not so much because of the golf but to have a break away from my sweet but BUSY kids! I did start hitting balls, asked my dad for a few lessons (Jamie does not like to coach much!) and even had a couple lessons from a pro while we were in Arizona. I was feeling okay about things until I found out that Angie is the club champion at Oregon Golf Club as well as just winning the member-member tournament. I thought that's great...three super good golfers and then me...talk about being the odd man out! Well it wend way better than I imagined...I managed to keep the same ball for three rounds and although my score was no where near any of theres (about 30 shots more to be exact!) I didn't hold anyone up. Jamie and Lloyd went early on Wednesday to play and ended up playing in the snow and hail! By the time Angie and I got there they decided they were done for the day so we went to a hole in the wall Mexican restaurant to celebrate Cinco de Mayo. Luckily the next day it was a beautiful blue sky...although still cold...so we played 36 holes and finished up on the last day with another 18 holes. It was so fun to be outside, looking at all the mountains, then having relaxing dinners and sleeping in a bed with no little feet rubbing up and down my back! And the best part is it went so well at home with the kids that I am already planning our next mini-vacation away!

No comments: